We’re prefer to run orders out to your car and place in your trunk for minimal interaction: just pull into the lot behind our restaurant, call to let us know you are here and a staff member will be out with your order as soon as possible. Please note that if you do enter the restaurant, a mask or face covering is required.
Safety of our guests and staff is still our top priority. We’re continuing to follow strict sanitation policies. The health department always requires us to wear gloves when handling food to be consumed, and we’ve extended this requirement to include gloved hands when handling anything our guests will handle – take out boxes and cups, to go bags, napkins, everything, as well as providing masks and gloves to our staff. I’d like to address a very important question that a lot of people have come to me with personally over the last few days. Is restaurant take out and delivery safe right now? From everything I’ve learned, yes! Please take a look at this article.
“There’s little risk in contracting the virus from food or food packaging picked up at a takeout window or from a restaurant, said Benjamin Chapman, who is a professor and food safety specialist at North Carolina State University. “I want to be clear that food or the packages could carry the virus, but the risk of transmission is very, very low,” Chapman said. “This is a remote possibility and thousands if not millions of times less likely than any of the other exposure routes. Really, really low risk.”
- Delivery (in Dutchess County, within 7 miles of Terrapin) will be available for $5 on Fridays and Saturdays from 5pm-8pm and Sunday from 2:30pm-7pm with a minimum order of $45. Please call early and allow up to an hour and a half for delivery. Call 845-876-3330 or order online. And please remember to tip your driver – you’ll most likely recognize him or her as our servers, bussers and bartenders will be picking up these delivery shifts. Payment will be taken by credit card, and food delivered will be left at your doorstep to limit interaction.
- We’ve modified our menus to include only the dishes best suited for travel, because we want to ensure that you’re getting the quality and taste you expect from any meal at Terrapin while you enjoy your food in the comfort of your home. Please know that we’ll likely be making updates to the menu as we go.
- We’ve also added family-style take out options. Served in half trays, these meals should feed a family of four. You’ll save 25% when compared to ordering individual entrees, and we’ll include a half tray of mesclun salad and four dinner rolls.
- Bottles of wine and draft beer to go are 50% off. That’s better pricing than you’re going to find at most wine & liquor stores. We have growlers available for purchase ($10 each), or you can bring in your own clean growler and we’ll fill it at 50% off. Yes, we can deliver alcohol with food on weekends!
- Gift cards are 25% off. Buy a gift card now to redeem when things get back to normal. Gift cards purchased at a discount will only be valid for dining in once we’ve re-opened. We can appreciate your support now more than ever.
- Please help our staff. We’ve set up a”virtual tip jar” for our tipped employees on GoFundMe.com. All funds donated will be distributed among our front of house employees, based on the hours they worked over the last two weeks we were fully open – just like a giant tip pool.
- Each week we are preparing and donating meals for the night shift staff in the ICU, Emergency Room and Radiology at Northern Dutchess Hospital. Help us feed more frontline workers. Purchase a #FeedTheFront meal for $12 with your order, to be donated to a Northern Dutchess Hospital employee.
- We’re currently offering a 25% discount on food to all Nuvance Employees and First Responders. This offer cannot be combined with other offers or discounts. Please order ahead for curbside service and have employee ID available at pick up. Use voucher code HEALTH if ordering online.